9.03.2016

The Thing About Merchandising a Furniture Store...

Mass appeal is very important. If I had my way, everyone would love a slightly refined casual style with formal accents and an ever rotating selection of beautifully tailored upholstery. However, I know this does not work for everyone. I have the task of thinking for mass appeal when it comes to rugs, lamps, art work, and accessories (my contribution to the big picture). I love the ever rotating selection of things to pick from and my vignettes are constantly changing.  Its fun to create a look that is out of the norm for my style. It may not be my personal taste, but there is something for everyone.

We are rounding the final bend of our renovation at the store and I am at accessories. Bedding, to be specific, is what I have been working on this week. My bedding department is lacking and in a few weeks it will be the jewel in the new area of the store.


This is what we look like now for the most part. Bed in a bag and a few accessories has become the norm, but I am working on the layering and really filling this space out. All new bedding has been ordered and exciting things are coming.


No comments:

Post a Comment